Resources on this page are for Afghans who are planning to seek asylum and other immigration relief. More information and resources will be added in the coming weeks.
If you are an Afghan parolee who resides in Illinois, Indiana, or Wisconsin, NIJC strongly encourages you to register for a legal orientation before seeking asylum on your own.
- Information regarding legal service providers in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana
- Form I-589 Application for Asylum (English) (Dari) (Pashto)
- Instructions for Form I-589, Application for Asylum (English) (Dari) (Pashto)
- NIJC's Legal Orientation for Afghan Evacuees Powerpoint (English) (Dari) (Pashto)
- Preparing for an Asylum Office Interview
- What are the Terrorism Bar and the Persecutor Bar?
- Preparing Your Asylum Statement