The Chicago Immigration Court has provided two updates regarding the Court:
- The phone number for the Chicago Detained Immigration Court, located at 536 S. Clark Street, recently changed. The new number is (312) 294-8400. The old number is no longer operational.
- Judge Giambastiani and Judge Fujimoto are retiring and their last day is April 30, 2019. Effective May 1, 2019:
- Family Unit (FAMU) cases on Judge James Fujimoto’s docket will be heard by Judge Patrick McKenna;
- All other cases on the dockets of Judges Fujimoto and Giambastiani will be will be reassigned and new hearing notices will be sent to both parties;
- The majority of Judge McKenna’s docket will be reassigned to Judge Craig Defoe/
EOIR constantly monitors its caseload nationwide and shifts resources to meet needs in the most efficient manner possible. This includes temporarily detailing judges and using video conferencing, when appropriate.
Please contact your NIJC point-of-contact if you have any questions about this update.